The Station Nightclub Fire, with one hundred lives lost, is the fourth deadliest nightclub fire in U.S. history. This fire has had many studies and models done on what went wrong and what could have been done to prevent it. The primary focus of modeling is to provide mathematical and scientific research into the behavior and problems associated with fire. The Fire Research Division at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) has developed different types of fire models for more than 30 years. Currently, it maintains two. The first is a “zone model” called the Consolidated Model of Fire Growth and Smoke Transport (CFAST) and the second is a “field model” called the Fire Dynamics Simulator (FDS). The United States government in their analysis of the Station Nightclub fire that occurred in West Warwick, Rhode Island utilized the FDS in evaluating the reason for the spread, behavior, and impact of the fire.
For this assignment, you will be researching and discussing the following aspects of the Station Nightclub Fire.
- Provide an overview of the Station Nightclub Fire.
- Discuss all aspects of fire dynamics pertaining to this fire from ignition to flashover. Be sure to include the furnishings and ignitable materials along with the fire spread and heat release rate.
- Discuss the new codes that were brought about as a result of this fire?
- Research a Fire Dynamics Simulator Model that was done on the Station Nightclub Fire and discuss the following aspects of that model:
A. Summarize the fire model simulation.
B. What were they trying to determine with this simulation?
C. What were the results of the simulation?
D. What recommendations were made as a result of the simulation?
Your paper must be a minimum of 4 full APA formatted pages not counting the title page or the reference page and include 4 academically recognized sources.
The APA 7th Edition Guides will be used for writing your paper. I have provided a link to the guides at the bottom of this page.
Please create your response in a Word document and upload it as an attachment for submission.
All writing assignments must include the following:
- Title Page
- Main Body – (Introduction, main body, and conclusion) – You must also include headings in the paper so that the reader can distinguish between your key points. Also, correctly cite your sources.
- Reference Page (Be sure to pay attention to the indentions for each source).
Be sure to include a correct page number in the right margin of the header on each page of the paper.
All writing assignments must meet the following page setup:
- Times New Roman font throughout the paper
- 12 Point font size throughout the paper
- Double Spaced
- 1 inch Page Margins: Top, Bottom, Left and Right (Not 1.25 inches)