Prior to writing your introduction, identify a career field that utilizes psychological tests or psychological assessment information (e.g., education, clinical or counseling psychology, applied behavioral analysis, human resources, criminal justice, forensic psychology, addictions, behavioral health). Next, identify a specific job title or position within the career field you selected. In this discussion, you will take the role of a candidate who is interviewing for an internship position that will allow you to learn more about how psychological testing and assessment are utilized in the career you identified. Assume that the internship offers an opportunity to learn more about each of the types of assessment covered in this course and in the course textbook. Review the course topics by clicking on the weekly overviews in the left navigation bar and briefly review the major headings in your textbook.
Address each of the following requirements in your introduction:
- Identify the title of the career you chose to write about and the specific job title or position. Clearly label your introduction as “Professional Interview Introduction for [insert career or job title you selected].”
- Tell the class and instructor about yourself in a professional manner as if you were introducing yourself to the other interns and internship director.
- Frame your introduction so that it responds to the following interview question: “Tell us about your professional career interests and what you are interested in learning from this internship experience.
- Assume that the internship offers an opportunity to learn more about each of the types of assessment covered in this course and in the course textbook. Review the course topics by clicking on the weekly overviews in the left navigation bar and briefly review the major headings in your textbook.
- Indicate in your introduction three topics related to psychological assessment that you are interested in learning more about and how these topics may relate to your future career goals.
- Explain your understanding of psychological testing and how it is used in assessment in your chosen field. Include a personalized definition of psychological testing, using the textbook as a guide.
- Focus your explanation on demonstrating your understanding of key methodological and theoretical concepts concerning psychological testing to the internship director that is interviewing you in this role play.
- Identify at least one scholarly source to address how psychological testing or assessment is utilized in your chosen field.
- Be sure to credit your sources by including in-text citations and a reference list in APA Style format using the seventh edition guidelines as provided in the UAGC Library. Review the following UAGC Writing Center resources for guidance: APA: Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) and APA: Formatting Your Reference List (Links to an external site.). For guidance on finding scholarly sources, use the Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.).