You have set up interviews and asked the following questions of the interviwees.
- Who initiated the mentoring relationship—the Mentor or the Mentee?
- When and where do you meet?
- How is the time spent? (Format, accountability, confidentiality, evaluation)
- What is the most difficult aspect of the relationship?
- What is the most significant result of the relationship?
By taking the time to interview these individuals you have begun to gain a list of best practices and things to avoid while mentoring.
After your interviews, create a 5-page report in a Word document and your program’s required formatting style (APA, Turabian or AMA) which includes the following:
- Introduction: Provide a rationale for why mentoring is important. (1-page)
- Compare and contrast the 2 mentor interviews. Provide analysis of the strengths and weaknesses to their approaches. (3 pages minimum)
- Conclusion: Describe the top 3 lessons on mentoring learned from the interviews and how they will impact your implementation of mentoring. (1 page)
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.