- Create a graphic organizer of what messages you wish to portray from these summaries in the animated infographic.
Phase 2 submission: (20%)
- Based on the feedback from the written submission, proceed with rendering the information down to its most essential elements and vision how you will creatively present it using PowerPoint (Windows device) or Keynote (Apple device).
- Gather information, icons/images, and music.
- Be sure icons/images and music are creative commons.
- Seek high resolution icons/images.
- Be sure to keep track of where you obtained your sources so credit can be given at the end of your animated infographic.
- Create a flow for the animated infographic material that is engaging for the viewer.
- Be sure your PowerPoint (Windows device) or Keynote (Apple device) are up-to-date versions. Use only Microsoft or Apple sites for these updates.
- For Microsoft Office free updates for students go to the Seneca Software Centre via this link.
- Be sure your settings for PowerPoint or Keynote are widescreen.
- Register for an Animated Videos Workshop provided by the Seneca Sandbox.
- Seek additional support as needed through the Seneca Sandbox.
- Let your creativity flow but keep the length about 2-3 minutes!
- Save your finished animated infographic as a video file.
- Upload the video to YouTube as an unlisted video.
- Send the URL through the assignment section of the course MySeneca/Blackboard site before class the day it is due.
- Share your work with others as a way of heightening their critical thinking awareness about human rights issues that impact children, families, communities, and colleagues.
Human Rights Animated Infographic
Phase 2: Digital/Video Animated Infographic
|Good 70-79||Proficient 60-69||Emerging 50-59||Lacks Evidence 0-49|
|Content 25%||A clear and strong focus on a human rights issue impacting children and childhood. The content shows exceptional creativity and unique thinking about a critical issue.||Some unique and complex ideas and messages are presented about a human rights issue acting children and childhood.||The main ideas and messages presented address an important human rights issue impacting children and childhood.||Some gaps, inconsistencies, or incongruencies exist in the focus upon a human rights issue impacting children and childhood.||The content does not focus on a human rights issue impacting children and childhood.|
|Graphics and Images 20%||All graphic and images are exceptionally well chosen as a means of presenting the intended message.||Graphics and images serve to enhance the message and keep the necessity for words to a minimum.||Graphics and images make an appealing contribution to the overall message.||Connection between the message and the images or graphics is sometimes unclear, or too much text is relied upon.||Graphics do not relate to the topic and/or words are relied upon too much to convey the material.|
|Layout 20%||The infographic is exceptionally attractive in terms of design, layout, and neatness. The content is presented in such a way that the viewer is provided a very impactful message.||The infographic is attractive in terms of design, layout and neatness. No elements detract from the intended message.||The infographic is acceptably attractive though some use of design, layout, font, etc. either lack creativity or present a cluttered or unclear message in some places.||Throughout the production, the viewer is left with unclear messages due to the use of design, layout, font, etc.||The infographic is distractingly and unclearly designed.|
|Writing 10%||Writing is clear, concise, and well organized. Thoughts are expressed in a coherent and logical manner. There are almost no spelling, grammar, or syntax errors.||Writing is mostly clear, concise, and well organized. Thoughts are expressed in a coherent and logical manner. There are very few spelling, grammar, or syntax errors.||Writing is not always clear AND/OR thoughts are not always expressed in a logical manner AND/OR there are several spelling, grammar, or syntax errors.||Writing is unclear and disorganized AND thoughts are not expressed in a logical manner AND there are many spelling, grammar, or syntax errors.||Writing is very unclear and disorganized. Thoughts ramble and leave the reader confused AND/OR there are numerous spelling, grammar, or syntax errors throughout the paper.|
|Timing 10%||The use of time, movement, flow, and pace are exceptionally well thought out and executed, contributing to an impactful message.||Pacing of the production is well developed. The viewer is provided with neither too little nor too much time to engage with the content. The design/layout and animations used add to the impact of the content.||Some minor inconsistencies in pacing and movement throughout the production but these do not detract from the overall message.||The use of time, movement, flow, and/or pace detract from the message or leave the viewer feeling unclear about some of the content.||The use of time, movement, flow, and pace are distracting and prevent the viewer from ascertaining the intended message of the production.|
|Credits 10%||Creative commons images, music, sound effects, etc. are properly attributed.||Occasional inconsistencies in how credits are provided for the creative commons images, music, sound effects, etc.||Repeated inconsistencies in how credits are provided for the creative commons images, music, sound effects, etc.||Uncertainty exists if all images, music, sound effects, etc. are creative commons and/or material is improperly attributed.||Either credit is not provided and/or copywrite protected material is used.|
|Sound 5%||Very polished use of music or other audio to provoke a feeling or message.||Thoughtful selection of music or other audio enhances the viewing experience.||Music and other audio are appropriate and do not detract from the viewing experience.||Some inconsistencies in volume or type of sound result in a less than polished production.||Music or other audio is either not present or incongruent or detracts from the experience.|