Here I am highlighting some important elements you MUST pay attention to during the development of Assignment 1 – Discussion Case Study.
- Make sure you answered each question individually. Missing the answer to any of the questions will get you penalties.
- For all question’s answers, make sure to provide the most objective, updated, and completed answer possible. You MUST add critical thinking insights in the answers to get full points
- You MUST type the answers for all questions in the discussion area, pay attention to the organization to facilitated the audience to understand each part of your contribution. There is no need to apply ANY type of formats (IEEE, APA) to your contribution, but you MUST include the complete information for the additional source materials you did consult to support your arguments and point of view (not only share the link or you will get penalties).
- DO NOT enclose your contribution in files (DOC, DOCx, RTF, PDF, TXT), it only brings difficulties to the audience to access your post and they might loose interesting in check your contribution. You will get penalties and your post can be never select to be commented by a classmate.
- The comments you will provide to one classmate’s post should follow the same quality standard you applied to develop your own contribution. Simply general agreement/disagreement statements on classmate’s posts that did not bring a relevant contribution to the discussion will not get full points.
- Select wisely the classmate’s post you will comment, in order to get full points, you should choose the post where you can provide an effective contribution, by adding new information, sharing experience, providing deeper understanding about the topics or to oppose an idea presented in your colleague’s contribution.
- As much as possible, choose to comment on a post was not commented yet, thus you help to guarantee that everyone will have a chance to get feedback from his/her contribution.
- Discording is expected and welcoming in discussions, but respect is an essential value in a Democracy. Do not forget: you are in a briefing, be professional, you should provide reasonable and verifiable facts to support your arguments and be polite and respectful when sharing your observations. Your communication skills and the way you approach and interact with others (colleagues and instructors) are things that will be constantly evaluating.
- Multiple relays are expected and recommended with the development of the discussion, but for grading the quality of comments is what counts, not the quantity. It worth better to provide one single well-developed comment that matches all quality standards, similar to your own contribution, for this activity than many of simply general agreement/disagreements statements without relevant contributions to the discussion. This kind of comments will not get you full points, it does not matter how many of these comments you make for how many classmates posts. Quantity will not beat Quality. Start early, do not leave this activity to be done at the last minute. You MUST reply to the comments your contribution received, making your part to practice collegiality and professional conversation by providing feedback to your colleagues.
- You are allowed to rate your classmate’s contributions. Play square and fair, because your colleagues are allowed to rate your contributions too.
This is the description and the questions would support the Discussion Case Study.
- Read the materials and work in your argumentation to answer the questions related.
The World’s First Crime Committed in the Space. NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) is investigating an event that could enter for the Humankind history as the first crime committed on space by one of the astronauts on board of the International Spacial Station (ISS). The event that was reported as crime refers to unauthorized access to a bank account, using a government agency technology infrastructure, brought to the light many important issues regarding cybersecurity, privacy, ethics, political and legal implications. Check the support materials to this discussion, by watching the video and the three articles below.
Article 1: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-49457912
Article 2: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/23/us/nasa-astronaut-anne-mcclain.html
Article 3: https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/27/20833761/nasa-iss-international-space-station-alleged-crime-anne-mcclain-jurisdicition-framework
- What crime(s) was committed by Mrs. McClain’s action? Discuss and analyze all privacy and cybersecurity aspects involved in this case and the relevance of these security aspects to personal life and to an organization.
- Discuss and analyze the three fundamental tenets of ethics (Responsibility, Accountability, and Liability) in the context of the event reported, and comment on the possible repercussions to all involved (Mrs. McClain and NASA) under the ethics framework.
- Discuss and analyze the extension of the legal implications of this situation, how it may affect NASA and other international agencies that work on ISS under the concept o Political/Legal Pressure.