PROCESSING THE DATA
1. Write the Kc expression for the reaction in the Data and Calculation table.
2. Calculate the initial concentration of Fe3+, based on the dilution that results from adding KSCN solution and water to the original 0.0020 M Fe(NO3)3 solution. See Step 2 of the procedure for the volume of each substance used in Trials 1-4. Calculate [Fe3+]i using the equation:
[Fe3+]i = Í (0.0020 M)
This should be the same for all four test tubes.
3. Calculate the initial concentration of SCN–, based on its dilution by Fe(NO3)3 and water:
[SCN–]i = Í (0.0020 M)
In Test Tube 1, [SCN–]i = (2 mL / 10 mL)(0.0020 M) = 0.00040 M. Calculate this for the other three test tubes.
4. [FeSCN2+]eq is calculated using the formula:
[FeSCN2+]eq = Í [FeSCN2+]std
where Aeq and Astd are the absorbance values for the equilibrium and standard test tubes, respectively, and [FeSCN2+]std = (1/10)(0.0020) = 0.00020 M. Calculate [FeSCN2+]eq for each of the four trials.
5. [Fe3+]eq: Calculate the concentration of Fe3+ at equilibrium for Trials 1-4 using the equation:
[Fe3+]eq = [Fe3+]i – [FeSCN2+]eq
6. [SCN–]eq: Calculate the concentration of SCN- at equilibrium for Trials 1-4 using the equation:
[SCN–]eq = [SCN–]i – [FeSCN2+]eq
7. Calculate Kc for Trials 1-4. Be sure to show the Kc expression and the values substituted in for each of these calculations.
8. Using your four calculated Kc values, determine an average value for Kc. How constant were your Kc values?
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.