1. Locations/Offshoring/Outsourcing *SEE ATTACHMENT In this section of the course project, you will focus on location-related decisions taken by the company you have chosen (AMAZON) *SEE ATTACHMENT >>>> and the company’s strategy to manufacture in-house or outsource the functions of the supply chain. This outsourcing may be tied to a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis and determination of core competencies.
Complete the following tasks:
• Analyze the company’s decisions and strategy regarding site selection, outsourcing, and offshoring operations.
• Evaluate the impacts of offshoring or outsourcing on quality and the supply chain. Prepare the deliverables for this week to provide information on the following aspects of the company:
• Outsourcing *SEE ATTACHMENT 2. Discussion Question Supply Chain Measurement (ALL 3 bullet points in 1 PARAGRAPH) Conclusion Briefly address each of the following bullets:
• In other words, how could shippers and customers differ in what they considered a successful supply chain transaction?
• How could supply chain partners measure (quantify) the performance of a supply chain? Explain why each measurement suggested is relevant to at least one of the supply chain partners.
• Give an example of two or more companies that participate in a single supply chain. Describe which company (or companies) would want to require each measurement that you have proposed. Explain why there would be resistance from at least one of the companies to any suggestion to eliminate each of the supply chain measurements that you have proposed. (ALL 3 bullet points in 1 PARAGRAPH)